- Centers & Programs
- News & Events
Transportation & Logistics Minor
Undergraduate ~ Interdisciplinary ~ Cross-School ~ Accredited
TRANSPORTATION & LOGISTICS MINOR
Passenger and freight transportation represents nearly 1/5 of US Gross Domestic Product, and influences every aspect of our lives; where we live, work and what we purchase. The study of transportation and logistics is inherently interdisciplinary, reaching across disciplines, schools and departments.
For more than 40 years, Northwestern University has offered relevant courses through the Departments of Civil & Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences in the McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, as well as in the Department of Economics and other social science departments throughout the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences.
The T&L Minor offers undergraduate students the opportunity to obtain a more rounded education in transportation and logistics compared with that offered within their selected major program of study. The curriculum will equip students with a broad understanding of the economics, engineering and operations of transportation and logistics systems and the role of public policy.
The Minor is administered by the Northwestern University Transportation Center, an interdisciplinary research center founded in 1954. The Center has been recognized for decades as a leader in graduate education, and has recently extended this expertise to undergraduates. The Center has jointly appointed faculty from many of the participating Departments.
Students pursuing the T&L Minor will benefit from:
- Access to numerous transportation and logistics-related courses from a variety of schools and departments across campus, taught by faculty recognized as experts in the field
- Personalized academic advising by senior faculty
- Opportunities for involvement in exciting transportation-related research projects
- Access to highly specialized career counseling and direct access to job opportunities with top companies
- NUTC Transportation Club membership with field trips, executive luncheons, speaker events and networking opportunities
- Attend NUTC research seminars & presentations
- A community of fellow undergraduates, graduate students NUTC faculty & alumni who all share an interest in transportation and logistics
News & Events
NEWS HeadlinesEVENTS CalenderGellman Memorial Icarus Aviation SocietyLeon Moses LectureLipinski SymposiumMobility 2050NUTC BBQPatterson LectureSandhouse Rail GroupNUTC Seminar SeriesNews & EventsWorkshops/Symposia