- News & Events
The 22nd International Symposium on Transportation & Traffic Theory (ISTTT22)
WHEN: July 24-26, 2017
WHERE: Northwestern University, Evanston, IL (Exact location TBD)
Northwestern University Transportation Center (NUTC) & the Transportation Research Board (TRB) will cohost the 22nd International Symposium on Transportation & Traffic Theory (ISTTT22) on July 24 - 26, 2017.
ISTTT22 will cover all scientific aspects of transportation and traffic, spanning all modes of transport—public and private—including freight, air, and maritime modes.
Thanks to the authors who submitted abstracts for review.
ISTTT22 IMPORTANT DATES
OCT. 30, 2016 | Notification of initial full paper review outcomes
DEC. 15, 2016 | Deadline for submission of revised manuscripts
JAN. 30, 2017 | Notification of final acceptance of full papers
FEB. 20, 2017 | Deadline for Submission of full, revised papers
ISTTT22 >> JULY 24 - 26, 2017
ISTTT22 EVENT CO-CHAIRS
The ISTTT is an annual event series that provides the world’s leading transportation and traffic theorists a premier gathering platform to network and collaborate with others interested in contributing to, or improving their understanding of, transportation and traffic-related fields and research.
(MURPHY: Enter READ MORE link so that you don’t have to show all of this)
The field of transportation and traffic theory is continually undergoing change and renewal, driven by new technologies, novel problems thrown up by new technologies or shifts in global circumstances, and advances in associated disciplines. While well-established themes invariably elicit interesting contributions, high quality papers on new topics often stimulate fruitful research in novel directions, frequently reported in subsequent Symposia. Careful refereeing and selection of papers ensure that the Symposia provide a fertile and erudite forum for seminal contributions, occasionally from researchers previously unknown to the field. To ensure maximum impact, all sessions are plenary, which necessarily limits the number of papers that can be accepted.
The ISTTT proceedings are published directly before each Symposium and provided to each registered participant upon arrival. As the interval between each Symposium has been reduced to two years from 2005, the gap between abstract submission and paper publication is now less than two years, which compares favourably with many international journals.
The Symposium proceedings carry the status of a peer-reviewed international journal, an important consideration for junior academics. For aspiring academics and researchers at all levels, the Symposium may prove to be a career-defining moment.
ISTTT INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY MEMBERS
- William HK Lam (Convenor) (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
- Michael Bell (University of Sydney)
- Michel Bierlaire (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne)
- Avishai Ceder (University of Auckland)
- Mike Cassidy (University of California, Berkeley)
- Nathan Gartner (University of Massachusetts, Lowell)
- Benjamin Heydecker (UCL (University College London))
- Serge Hoogendoorn (Delft University of Technology)
- Hai-jun Huang (Beihang University)
- Hideyuki Kita (Kobe University)
- Masao Kuwahara (Tohoku University)
- Ludovic Leqlercq (École Nationale des Travaux Publics de l’État)
- Hani Mahmassani (Northwestern University)
- Juan Carlos Muñoz (Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile)
- Marian Tracz (Cracow University of Technology)
- Chan Wirasinghe (University of Calgary)
- Ning Wu (Ruhr-University Bochum)
- Hai Yang (Hong Kong University of Science & Technology)
- Michael Zhang (University of California, Davis)
ISTTT HONORARY MEMBERS
News & Events
News & EventsCALENDARNEWSNUTC BBQAaron J. GellmanIcarus EventsISTTT22Leon Moses LectureLipinski SymposiumMobility 2050Mobility 2050ON TO 2050Patterson LectureSandhouse EventsSeminar SeriesTRB ReceptionWorkshops/Symposia2016 Holiday Party